How To Create Api Key for Facebook And Instagram
1. You will need a Facebook user account
2. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/
4. Register and Verify your account
5. Enter a name for your Facebook app (you may choose a name that refers to your platform, like “Apps Maker Company”). This name will be displayed to the app users when they would want to create an account in the mobile app through Facebook connect.
6. On the page “Select a Scenario“, select “Integrate Facebook Login“
7. Go to Settings > Basic in the left menu.
Here are the App ID and the Secret you will use in your dashboard.
- In the app Editor > Settings > APIs
This one will be specific to the app. The advantage is that you can choose a name for your Facebook app that matches the name of your app, with the same icon. This way, when an app user uses the Facebook login, Facebook will display an app asking for users consent that has the same name as the app. The disadvantage is that you have to create an API key per app.
Depending on your choice, copy and paste your “App ID” and “App secret” in your dashboard SETTINGS>APIs>FACEBOOK
In the case you create a Facebook key for one app, in your Siberian Editor, go to Settings > APIs and copy the Callback URLs (if you create a Facebook key for your backoffice, you don’t have to bother with this URIs. So, go to step 9) :
From the Facebook settings left menu, click on “Facebook Login” > “Settings” and paste the Urls then click on “Save changes” (in the case of a key for your backoffice, just enter https://localhost/callback):
10. Go back to Settings > Basic menu. In the App Domains field, left it blank. For Category, select “Utility & Productivity“.
12. Click on “+Add Platform” and choose “Website“:
13. In the Site URL field enter the address of your CALLBACK URL
(We recommend you to set both “http” and “https” address, and so 6 entries)
14. You can also add an app icon for your app. It’s not mandatory but your Facebook app will be more professional with an icon when the user will be invited to connect with his Facebook account. Click on “Save Changes“.
15. From the top menu, click on
16. Click on Confirm.
17. You’re done!